Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How My Son Has Helped Me Cope With Job Searching

"Why should I hire you?"
Being out of work is really never fun.

Okay; I take that back. Being out of work can be fun for the first week or so (unless you get your wisdom teeth out). After that, being out of work just gets tough.

Luckily for me I have two sons that have been helping me through my days.

As you can see, Aedyn has been helping me out with some role-playing to get my interviewing chops back.He is tough.
I actually think I was on my way to getting the job before he asked me that word problem with the 5 apples and 50 bowling balls.

Who has 50 bowling balls in real life?

All joking aside... my little guys have really been a big help to me.

Most of the time the help comes in the form of distraction. Hard to mope about when I am cleaning up after Jaron, who is 90% potty trained (that last 10% gets me every time!) or asking Aedyn to stop jumping off the back of the rocking chair (I feel bad for the people on the first floor).

One thing I have come to understand is just how blessed I am to have this time with them.

I am sure it will be no time until I am back among the working and will have to trade in all this time, so I want to cherish every moment.

I feel as if I have learned so much about them in the past few weeks.

I now know that Aedyn likes two packets of oatmeal and won't eat a quesadilla if it is cooked the slightest bit past golden brown.

I am even getting better at translating whatever language it is that Jaron speaks.

So... the job search continues, and I keep enjoying being Papa.


No comments:

Post a Comment