Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sometimes You Just Gotta Dance!

Sometimes you just gotta dance!
While it has been a little stressful being out of work these past few weeks, I will say that I have loved having special moments with my family.

Tonight I had one of those moments.

Heather was away teaching her first ballet class in years (Hooray!!) so it was just me and the boys.

Since I have been writing more frequently these days I have started listening to music while I write and have especially taken to putting on a Pandora station I created around the electronic dance style music of the group, Daft Punk.

The songs are mostly upbeat and don't have lyrics, so I can set a great pace for myself without getting sidetracked. But back to dancing...

The apartment was in need of a little attention so I pulled up Pandora to give me and the boys some music while we picked up the Living Room.

Since my Daft Punk station was the last station played that was what came on, and the boys loved the music.

We quickly got the toys picked up off the floor and put away in their bedroom. Then we danced.

Aedyn shredding his guitar solo.
I am not much of a dancer.

I met my wife when we both danced for a local ballet company, but aside from that I am your typical "white guy" out on the dance floor.

Despite the fact that my moves look more like a seizure than a coordinated dance motion my boys were more than happy to copy me.

We had so much fun. We danced all of our energy out (which is pretty hard to to with a 3 year old and a 20 month old) and I actually had to keep them from falling asleep before Heather got home for dinner.

Know, I know that I probably could have been doing something more productive. After all, there was laundry in the washing machine that needed to be switched over to the dryer (...still needs to be switched over to the dryer) and a dish washer full of clean dishes that needed to be put away (...still need to be put away); but sometimes you just gotta dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment